Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Life's little pleasures


There's nothing large to report on in our life since my last entry, but it's definitely the little things that make it wonderful. One of those many things is my kids who make me smile and laugh. I now have some updated pictures of Heber. One is him enjoying his blue frosting on his first birthday. Another one is of him showing off his smile.


He is so smiley and happy, and boy through and through. He is always into things. I am so grateful that he has learned how to go down stairs, because a large focus of my life at home was making sure he didn't fall down them. He's still not walking, but he's fast enough crawling that I don't think I'm ready to deal with the running yet.

As always with Helen, words usually fail to describe her. So, hopefully some pictures can do that as well. I love to see her at this age where she is so inquisitive and learning so quickly about the world around her. Listening to her talk definitely makes me realize how much she picks up because she is always using phrases that I use-oftentimes without really understanding what it means. It definitely makes me grateful for all the wonderful people she has in her life that are such wonderful examples to her.

I recently was able to go to St. George with the women on Will's side of the family (we missed you Catherine and Bonnie!), and it was the first time I have been on a trip without kids. All I can say is it was wonderful! Will did a great job with the kids while I was gone, dealing with a sick Heber and everything else that comes with being a single parent. The trip was very needed, and absense does make the heart grow fonder.



And, as far as Will goes, I now have a few weeks comforting my husband after the end of the Jazz season. We always manage to get through it somehow.

2 comments:

Les and Margaret said...

What cute kids you have. I know there is a lot of action at your house. It's fun to have you blogging again.

Courtney said...

Is it just the camera or is Heber's hair getting even lighter? I love those pictures, so cute. I'm glad you were able to have a fun St. George getaway, you deserve it!