Monday, April 5, 2010

If at first you don't succeed.....

I'll just keep trying with this whole blog thing. A quick update of our family and life. It's been an interesting winter as we've been stuck inside with the cold weather and Heber liking to pick up every illness that comes our direction. Will and I have tried to make time after kids, work, and life in general to go skiing. We have yet to go up together, but still enjoy getting up there by taking turns. The best part has been that Helen is now old enough and loves skiing herself. If you ask her what the best part of skiing is, she will say, "Going down the hill." Makes sense. Recently as she was skiing she was showing her enjoyment with a thumbs up and even a "woo-hoo" as she cruised down the hill.

Heber continues to grow up fast. Now one year old, he has realized he can exert some control over what goes on around him. This has given him the name of "Heber Screamer" as he screams any time something doesn't go his way. But, besides this recent change, he is still very happy and pleasant. I don't have a recent picture of him on the computer at this time, but I have the one below of the "Fab Five", who are his cousins all born within 8 months of each other. Heber is the second from the right.
A big event in my family is that my brother, George, and his wife, Michelle, are the proud parents of triplets. Two of the babies are home now, and unfortunately one is still in the hospital but doing okay. Here's a picture of the three boys, me being the proud aunt that I am. Also, congrats to my sister, Cori, and her husband, Joe, for their baby girl that was born recently as well.
That's about as good as it gets these days, but I must say, it's pretty darn good. Each day I think maybe I get a little better at handling the challenges (and blessings) of motherhood and life, and each day as I go I exhausted to my bed, I realize it is definitely worth it. A "shout out" of sorts to all those in my life who are such a support, who hold me up, and make life meaningful. Thank you!!

3 comments:

Courtney said...

YAY! So excited to see your post pop up in my google reader. I don't think blogging should ever be anything to stress about or feel guilty for not doing (we already do enough of that in other areas) but it's still fun to see (and read) a little more of what you've been up to. It's so great that Helen has both your and Will's love for skiing, love that picture of her. Oh, and did you hear Alta got over 32" of new snow? Oh how I wish I could drop everything and go today!

thailiz said...

Wow! What a fun surprise to see a new post on your blog! I can't believe Helen is old enough to love skiing - time flies! Thanks for the updates!

Thackeray's said...

2008 then 2010....you can do it! :) We had fun last night!